The property was originally a 200-acre land grant offered by the Government of Canada to Europeans willing to immigrate to Renfrew County in the mid-1800s. Wilhelm Hoch, who was born in Prussia, and his wife Amelia, born in Sebastopol, Renfrew County, bought the land in 1904. Hoch started a dairy farm and eventually used his herd to start a creamery in Killaloe, from where he shipped to Eganville, Pembroke, and then to Ottawa. The first floor represents a farmhouse from the period of the 1910s and 1920s, with a summer kitchen, traditional kitchen, dining room and parlour. The second floor houses the bedrooms.
Saturdays: 9am to Noon and by appointment.